I’ve been thinking about my Shadowrun inspired GURPS game and have an idea for magic. It’s based loosely on the ritual spellcasting out of the Magic book.
All spells are techniques based of a single skill called Sorcery, which is an IQ/VH skill.
Prerequisites, except Magery, are removed to make spells stand alone.
The techniques are Hard or Very Hard as they were originally.
This does have the potential to bring down the cost of spells, and a GURPS mage has to have a lot more than their Shadowrun counterparts. Under normal cercumstances they tend to be the most expensive template option, but this brings them down to the level of the cyber and skill based characters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Some Mods for Sorcery I use.
The amount of concentration actions a spell needs to be cast is figured by the formula 3+(CPx.01) The amount of FP to cast is 1+(CPx.02) So...
-
Old ST New ST Basic Lift Thrust Swing Description 1-3 1 ...
-
I've discovered GURPS and find it a wonderful system for my style of game. I've been busily converting my oldest and longest runni...
-
I've been following Games Workshops setting for awhile now, and decided to take a stab at making my favorite race. I've tried to d...
No comments:
Post a Comment